The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came in to force May 2018. This legislation replaces existing data protection laws and governs how companies collect, hold and use people’s personal data.
Grampian Accounting is committed to GDPR compliance and strengthening the security and protection of its customers, clients and employee’s data.
Grampian Accounting therefore abides by the following customer data safeguarding principles: –
- Only data specifically necessary for the supply of accounting services to clients will be collected and stored, Including Name, Address, Email Address, Company Details
- In addition, we also collect information on your IP address, browser type, and Refer URL data. We use this data to prevent hacking attempts, help us know what web browsers people are using, and find out where our visitors are coming from so that we can improve our marketing.
- Online, only your order enquiry information data is stored on our server. This information is encrypted using a Secure Sockets Layer before it is transmitted over a web server.
- Any printed documentation that includes client data is stored at our premises under lock and key. The only key holders are Directors and Senior Members of Staff.
- All printer documentation is shredded at time of disposal.
- CCTV camera recordings at our premises will not be kept longer than is necessary for the maintenance of good security
- Our clients have a permanent right to request that all data be erased at any time. If you wish to be erased from our systems, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
We only use client data in processing the fulfilment of services, and optional communication of occasional commercial news and offers. We do NOT sell or distribute our customer data to any third party’s for marketing purposes.
We expect all of our suppliers to have GDPR procedures in place and encourage customers to familiarise themselves with GDPR.
All our staff are familiar with the importance of GDPR and their personal responsibilities to protecting customer data.
Any questions relating to our GDPR procedures can be addressed to;
Data Protection Officer
3 Prospect Place
Aberdeen AB32 6SY
Tel. +44 (0)1224 74 82 98